Monday, September 15, 2008

End of a project

This afternoon marked the last meeting for our digital information project. It involved a focus group to discuss the project, our learning, and the nature of digital information literacy.
It was curious that all of us, though this was a project about digital information literacy, enjoyed the face to face contact with members of the group and wanted to continue building the community of practice that has developed over the last few months.

I used the metaphor of a children's advent calendar for my learning over the time of the project; opening a series of exciting doors to reveal what lay behind. I feel like I have been playing with many tools and many ideas for their use. Each new door led me to another set of ideas that I could put into practice. I felt that during the project I needed to learn everything that was on offer. Now the project is over it will be time to consolidate and close some of the loops on the active projects I have started on.

I am very grateful for the support of the project leaders - O, L, & D and to all the team members. I learned so much just from listening to what everyone was working on.

No comments: